The Massage Spot is a green thinking, charity oriented company.
The Massage Spot cares about its community. This is why we have developed a Community Care Program. We have worked with various non-profit organizations in the South Bay. We have also participated in Hospital Care Days, and worked with high-risk orphan children. We are always looking for new ways to help those in need.
Below are ways in which we are currently helping.
As an entrepreneur who has taken his company from a one man show of in-home massages to a thriving mini day spa with three locations and growing, Sean Struxness, Founder of TMS has created the Sean Struxness Entrepreneur Scholarship to recognize and award high school students who exhibit a passion for leadership and setting new paths in business.
Currently, the award is given to dreamers, leaders, and inventors who are in their senior year at Hazen High, Struxness' high school Alma Mater in Hazen, North Dakota. Plans are in the works to extend this award into local South Bay communities that the spa currently serves.
If you know a young person with an entrepreneurial spirit, please email and we will send application details.
“This is one way we give back to our community.” Sean -Founder
In Hermosa we give away 5 minutes of free chair massage every Friday from 10-4. Hermosa’s Farmers Market is located at Valley Drive between 8th and 10th Streets.
In Manhattan we give away 5 minutes of free chair massage every Tuesday from 12-4. Manhattan’s Farmers Market is at 13th Street & Morningside Drive at the Metlox building.
Reaching at-risk children. Dedicated to nurturing at-risk children through educational and inspirational outreach programs to influence positive attitudes and Hope. If you would like to help out or donate, please visit www.psiloveyoufoundation.org or call (310) 420-4717
The Massage Spot supports www.mood-factory.com and iFred. Mood-lites are proven to improve your mood (based on research) and are sold in our spas and used in our massage rooms. So try a Tranquility massage and increase overall wellness for others at the same time. A portion of the proceeds of the sale of each Mood-lite goes to iFred, the International Foundation for Research and Education on Depression (www.depression.org).
Hearts of Hermosa
- Help fund programs for Hermosa Beach schools due to state budget cuts.
Myotonic Dystrophy Assistance and Awareness
-Proceeds to find treatment or cure for the disease.
P.S I Love you Foundation
- provided chair massage for the outreach program
Sketchers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk
- Making a difference in lives of special need children and families.
Hermosa Beach Education Foundation
- Available funds for school programs to ensure success in the future.
Robinson Elementary School, Manhattan Beach,Ca
- Raising money to make major improvements to school.
Grandview Elementary School, Manhattan Beach,Ca
- Made donations to help the schools improvements
P.S I Love you Foundation (gift wrapping)
- Gathered gifts for the under privileged kids for the holiday season
- Provided chair massage for the event
1736 Family Crisis Center
American Martyrs Preschool Fundraiser- Cherish the Child - Surfin' Safari
- March 1, American Martyrs Preschool, Manhattan Beach, CA
- Proceeds used to enhance the preschool's programs and environment, including educational teacher training and special events for the children.
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society- sponsored by Team in Training
- March 17, Stick N' Stein, El Segundo, CA
- May 5, Union Cattle Co., Hermosa Beach, CA
- Dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services. MISSION: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Hermosa Beach School Foundation
Hermosa Valley Education Fund
Belasco Theatre Company
American Martyr's Preschool
Neptunian Women's Club
Cancer Support Community
MOMS Club of Hermosa Beach
Manhattan Beach Young Professionals
Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Golden Heart Ranch